Friday, December 12, 2008

UNit 4 Lab

1. Herb in my tea, Licorice (Liquiritia officinalis) it was my prey, this is in part a domesticated species as it is grown by humans, but it also occurs naturally in nature.

Me drinking tea


2. Whole wheat flour in cereal (Triticum aestivum) this was my prey. Wheat has been domesticated for consumption by humans is domesticated animals.

Me eating cereal


4. A Man, my boyfriend, (homosapien) we have a symbiotic relationship, and I cause I could say that he is domesticated.

Mike and I


5. Pet Gerbils (Gerbillinae) our relationship is mutualistic, I take care of them and they bring me joy. They are domesticated.

Me holding one of the gerbils


6. House dust mites breathed in (Dermatophagoides) because I breathed them which is a type of consumption I will say that they are my prey. No they are not domesticated.

7. Bacteria scrubbed of in the shower (E. coli), I suppose the relationship would be commensal at best. This is not a domesticated species.

8. Bacteria taken out of my mouth through brushing and flossing (Streptococcus) a commensal relationship, again, at best. It is not a domesticated species.

Me brushing my teeth


9. Potassium alum in my deodorant I have a commensal relationship with my deodorant. This is not a domesticated species.

10. Soybeans in my hair serum (Glycine max) I have a commensal relationship with this domesticated species.

11. Rosemary in my hair spray (Rosemaryinus officinalis) I have a commensal relationship with the somewhat domesticated for human use rosemary in my hairspray.

12. Green tea in my lotion (Camellia sinensis) I have a commensal relationship with this species that has been domesticated for agricultural purposes for later human use.

13. Lavender extract in shaving lotion (Lavandula angustifolia) I have a commensal relationship with the lavender in my shaving lotion. Lavender has been domesticated for human use.

14. Quinoa in lunch casserole (Chenopodium quinoa). Quinoa is my prey and it has been domesticated for human consumption.

Me eating the cassarole


15. Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) I have a mutualistic relationship, I give the plant water it gives my house beauty. It has been widely domesticated for human use.

Me watering the Poinsettia


16. Rice in rice syrup (Oryza sativa), the rice is my prey and it has been domesticated for thousands of years.

17. Mold, that I scrubbed off in the shower (Yellow Cladosporium), I consider it to be a predator because it harms my body, it is not domesticated.

Me scrubbing mold


18. Caster oil in lip balm (Ricinus communis) I have a commensal relationship with my domesticated caster oil.

Me putting lip balm on


19. Live Oak trees, at school, Prescott College, (Quercus virginiana). I have a symbiotic relationship with the undomesticated oak trees.

20. The neighbor’s cat (Feline) I have a symbiotic relationship with this domesticated creator.

21. Coco in chocolate I gave someone (Lodoicea maldivica) I have a symbiotic relationship with the coco because I did not consume this domesticated species.

22. Carrot for with lunch (Daucus carota subsp. sativus) This carrot was my prey. The carrot has been domesticated for human use.

23. My parent’s dog (Canis lupus familiaris). I have a symbiotic relationship with this domesticated creator.

24. Yeast from dog’s ear infection (Malassezia Pachydermatis) I have a symbiotic relationship with the undomesticated yeast. My dog has a parasitic relationship with the yeast.

25. Bacteria from my moms kiss (Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans) I have a symbiotic relationship with the undomesticated bacteria.

26. Chard, for dinner (Beta vulgaris subsp. cicla.) I have a prey relationship with my chard, which has been domesticated for human use.

27. Green Olive’s in Oil (Olea europaea) I have a prey relationship with the olives in my olive oil, which has been domesticated for human use.

28. A cow, by way of the leather of my purse (Bos taurus) You could say that I have a prey relationship, because even though I didn’t eat the cow, it was killed for my use. Cows have been domesticated.

Me holding my purse


29. A sheep, by way of my wool coat (Ovis aries) I have a commensal relationship with this domesticated animal.

30. Hemp seed in the hemp milk I drank (Cannabis sativa) I have a prey relationship with the hemp that I consumed. Hemp has been domesticated for various purposes, including my innocent hemp milk.

No comments: