Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unit 2: Self Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?

I felt I did a good job on the nutrition lab; it was very interesting, I felt I had a good understanding and submitted a good lab. Second, I felt I did a good job ranting in the ethical issues essay and it was a lot of fun. Thirdly, I feel like I did a good job explaining gene expression in my compendium review on genetics.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?

I wish I would have gotten better pictures for my main lab. And I feel that I should have been more detailed in my compendium review for nutrition, I really wasn’t sure to approach, that I don’t know why.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?

I think I could get as high as a B. I feel I improved a lot since the last unit, but I still could have used more understanding to better complete my assignments.

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?

Again getting started earlier, that is always my main problem, great I know that I just need to fix it.

REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")

1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?

During the ethical issues essay, I got to write about something I am very passionate.

2. At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?

During the main lab. I have a really hard time with those hands on real world lab, so I’m not enjoying myself and then frustrating. It is something I know I need to find a way to enjoy.

3. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?

The instructor got back to my emails quickly so I could get back to my assignments and gets them done properly.

4. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?

It is interesting to me that the lecture and the textbook stray somewhat from each other, although it is more beneficial, it’s not what I’m used to.

5. What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)

I actually was really surprised about the HIV and AID’s statistics I didn’t know too much before.

No comments: